Manual Rapid SCADA setup provides full control over the process of the software installation and uninstallation. Manual installation could be used when installing Rapid SCADA on obsolete operating systems, such as Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that are not officially supported.
The manual installation sequence:
- Install Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) by selecting the appropriate Windows features. If Windows 7 is used, open Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off.
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4+ (install IIS before the framework).
- Unzip files from the Arc folder of the installation pachage to the SCADA installation directory. Recommended destination is C:\SCADA
- Open IIS management console: Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Add a web application to the site tree. Right click the appropriate site, Default Web Site in most cases, then choose the Add Application menu item.
- Enter the application alias: Scada. Check that the selected application pool uses .NET 4.0 runtime version and integrated pipeline mode. Specify the physical path to the web application files: C:\SCADA\ScadaWeb. Then click OK.
- Register ScadaServerService by executing ScadaServer\svc_install.bat as administrator.
- Register ScadaCommService by executing ScadaComm\svc_install.bat as administrator.
- Create shortcuts for the applications on the desktop if necessary.
- Install Microsoft Silverlight required for the Scheme Editor application.
- Run the applications.
The manual uninstallation sequence:
- Delete Scada web application using IIS Manager.
- Stop ScadaServerService and ScadaCommService services, close all the applications of Rapid SCADA.
- Unregister ScadaServerService by executing ScadaServer\svc_uninstall.bat as administrator.
- Unregister ScadaCommService by executing ScadaComm\svc_uninstall.bat as administrator.
- Delete SCADA folder from the hard disk and delete the shortcuts from the desktop.